Curry plays a big role in the diet of Jamaican people. While today we are talking about Curry shrimp, an authentic Jamaican dish. Jamaicans are more known for curry goat or as visitors to Jamaica calls it curried goat. Curry is considered a source to healthy eating because it offer lots of health benefits according to several health magazine. These days curry is sprinkled into to several dishes to add flavor. The sea food lovers in Jamaica enjoy curry fish, curry lobsters and our featured dish, curry shrimps. Enjoy this meal as often as you wish and it’s a great compliment when you are serving more than one course meal. Your guest will mostly come back for seconds. Curry shrimps are often served with white rice. There are many people that will serve it with rice and peas as well as boiled green bananas and dumplings. Enjoy this recipe, its guarantee to be a big hit.
2 lbs Shrimps (fresh or frozen, out of shell.
¼ cup Curry powder
½ tsp Allspice pimento powder
¼ cup Ocho Rios Jerk “All in One” dry Seasoning.
½ cup water
½ Bell pepper, red
½ Bell pepper, green
1 Onion, medium
Ocho Rios Jerk “All in One” dry seasoning ingredients includes onion, thyme, scallions, garlic, pimento and salt. Based on likeness, use fresh ingredients/seasoning as desire (optional).
1. Wash shrimps, pat dry. Add “All in One” Seasoning and Allspice.
2. Mix together with shrimps and cover.
3. Slice onion and belle peppers and any additional fresh ingredients used.
1. Add water, onion, bell peppers, curry and any additional ingredients used in skillet on medium fire.
2. Cover skillet and cook on medium fire until bell peppers are soft.
3. Stir skillet and add shrimps and cook for about 10 minutes.
4. Reduce fire for 2 to 3 minutes or until done.