Jerk Chicken, a Jamaican dish loved by many people around the world. Management at Ocho Rios Jerk Restaurant in Jenson Beach Florida has added jerk chicken wrap to their menu. The jerk chicken wrap is jerk chicken cut into strips and combine with lettuce, tomato and dressing or rice and gravy or any creative idea roll into a roti style.
4 to 6 boneless chicken breast. The large pieces are more manageable on the grill plus they keep in the juicy succulent jerk chicken flavor. Remove skin if necessary for a healthier choice.
3 tbsp Ocho Rios Jerk Spicy or Medium Jerk Sauce
4 tbsp Ocho Rios Jerk All in One dry seasoning
1 tsp Ground Pimento powder
6 to 10 Flour roti 10-inch in size. (Quantity base on serving)
See Jerk seasoning recipe in Jamaican Cuisine if you would like to make jerk seasoning from scratch.
1. Clean chicken completely and slice breast to allow seasoning to penetrate.
2. Season chicken with Ocho Rios Jerk spicy or medium jerk sauce
3. Rub Ocho Rios Jerk All in One dry seasoning thoroughly over chicken
4. Sprinkle ground pimento power all over chicken.
5. Refrigerate chicken for two hours or greater and allow chicken to marinade (preferable overnight).
Best result, “plan ahead”, season chicken in dish, cover and refrigerate over night and allow chicken time to marinate.
Ready for Cooking: Remove chicken from refrigerator and sprinkle a small amount of paprika to get that great color.
1. Preheat gas or charcoal grill or preheat oven to 350 degree. (Line bottom of oven with foil).
2. Place chicken on grill. Turn chicken after 30 minutes then 20 minutes, continue turning until done.
3. Allow chicken to grill slowly for the juicy mouthwatering taste. Chicken is ready.
4. Heat outdoor gas grill on medium heat. (For charcoal grill allow coal briquettes to catch properly before placing chicken on grill) Chicken requires slow cooking for a juicy mouthwatering taste.
5. Grill until you can see side ends of chicken start to take color. Turn chicken and allow 15 min. to 20 minutes before the next turn. Turn again in 7 to 12minutes. Cook to desire
(Never ignore your nose and always believe your eyes because cooking time sometimes change base on fire temperature).
Serving: Warm roti wrap for about 10 seconds on grill then slice boneless chicken into strips and arrange on a roti wrap. Add lettuce and tomato with dressing or rice with gravy or any creative ideas into to roti, and roll roti style.
“YES”, jerk chicken on the grill is a healthy choice.