Jerk Pork, one of Jamaica’s favorite authentic dishes. Traditionally cook slowly while been grilled/jerk on medium fire over pimento wood for that succulent tender jerk taste.
For the best result, season pork, cover and refrigerates over night. This will give the meat more time to marinate which gives it the great flavor.
Ingredients: #1 Save time shopping for ingredients, use pre-made seasoning by Ocho Rios Jerk.
3 tbsp Ocho Rios Jerk Spicy or Medium spicy Jerk Sauce
4 tbsp Ocho Rios Jerk All in One dry seasoning
1 tsp Ground Pimento powder
2 tbsp Grated ginger or ground ginger powder (fresh ginger grated preferred).
Ingredients: # 2 If you have the time and would like to make the jerk seasoning from scratch.
3 pounds of pork slice 2 inches in thickness (about the size of your hands)
3 cloves Garlic, chopped
2 Onions, medium – chopped for blending
1 tbsp Ginger, grated
1 tsp Allspice, pimento
½ tsp Nutmeg
¼ tsp Cinnamon
2 stalk Scallion
2 stem thyme, fresh or 2 tbsp thyme
2 Scotch Bonnet pepper
1 tbsp Soy Sauce
2 tbsp vinegar
½ tsp Sault
¼ tsp Black pepper
1 tbsp Sugar, brown (optional)
1 tbsp Barbecue sauce
½ cup Water
Preparation: #1 (With pre-made Ocho Rios Jerk seasoning)
1. Wash pork in water and vinegar, then drain water and pat dry. Place pork in a bowl
2. Add Ocho Rios Jerk spicy or medium jerk sauce to pork.
3. Add Ocho Rios Jerk All in One dry seasoning and all remaining seasoning to pork.
4. Thoroughly rub seasoning over and into pork.
5. Refrigerate pork for two hours or greater to marinate (preferably overnight).
Preparation: #2 jerk seasoning from scratch
All ingredients should be chopped and ready for Blending or adding to food processor. Blend ingredients until it become smooth/liquefy.
1. Wash pork in water with vinegar, then drain water and pat dry. Place pork in a bowl
2. Pour blended liquid jerk season over pork. Save about half cup for basting while grilling.
3. Rub seasoning thoroughly over pork. (plastic gloves recommended, seasoning is hot)
4. Refrigerate pork for two hours or greater to marinate (preferably overnight).
1. Preheat gas or charcoal grill at 350 degree if temperature gauge available.
2. Reduce heat to 300 degree
3. Place marinated pork on grill.
4. Allow pork to grill for about 40 minutes or until sides’ starts to change color before turning pork.
5. Allow pork to grill slowly for that succulent tender taste.
Yes, any section of the pork meat can be use for jerk pork. However, for the best result, use the leg, rump and have it slice in steak slices 2 inches in thickness is recommended.
Best result: Season pork, covers & refrigerates over night which gives meat time to fully marinate.
Tip: For children menu when making jerk seasoning, blend all the ingredients except scotch bonnet peppers and black pepper. Add liquid seasoning to pork for children then continue blending by adding scotch bonnet peppers and black pepper and blend to liquefy once again for the spicy taste.