Jerk Chicken is a healthy tasty finger licking style of cooking. Jerk Chicken Recipe is one of those cooking that Jamaicans love. When it comes to authentic dishes, Jerk Chicken and Jamaica has a very long history.
is traditionally cooked on a medium fire in order to get that mouth watering, juicy taste. To get the true authentic taste, Jerk Chicken was cooked on pimento wood. As the pimento wood burns, the smoke would penetrate the chicken which gives it the added flavor. While pimento wood are no longer easy to get, the allspice seasoning still help you to get the goodness taste. Plan on serving jerk chicken at your next gathering or simply enjoy one of Jamaica’s favorite dishes any given day with the family. Jerk chicken recipe will sure to become one of your family’s favorite dishes as it is for so many people. These days, jerk chicken is serve in many countries around the world.
Authentic Jamaican Jerk Chicken prepared by Ocho Rios Jerk Restaurant in Port St. Lucie Fl.
Jerk Chicken Recipe is one of the jerk cooking recipe that Jamaicans love. When it comes to authentic dishes, Jerk Chicken Recipe and Jamaica has a very long history.
Jerk Chicken is traditionally cooked on a medium fire in order to get that mouth watering, juicy taste. To get the true authentic taste, Jerk Chicken was cooked on pimento wood. As the pimento wood burns, the smoke would penetrate the chicken which gives it the added flavor.
1 whole chicken cut in halves or quarters. Large pieces are more manageable on the grill and it keeps in the juicy succulent jerk chicken flavor (recommended: skin-on for grilling).
3 tbsp Ocho Rios Jerk Spicy or Mild Jerk Sauce.
4 tbsp Ocho Rios Jerk All in One dry seasoning.
1 tsp Allspice, ground pimento
Increase or decrease the ingredients based on amount of chicken you are going to jerked. Increase or decrease your Ocho Rios Jerk Spice or mild jerk sauce based on your family likeness.
See Jerk seasoning recipe in Jamaican Cuisine if you would like to make jerk seasoning from scratch.
1. Clean and prepare chicken fully, pat dry, slice breast with knife to allow seasoning to penetrate.
2. Season chicken with Ocho Rios Jerk Seasoning. Seasoning comes in spicy or mild jerk sauce.
3. Allow seasoning sauce to get all over chicken.
4. Sprinkle Allspice ground pimento on chicken.
5. Rub Ocho Rios Jerk All in One dry seasoning thoroughly over chicken.
6. Refrigerate chicken for four hours or greater to marinate (preferable overnight).
For best cooking results, “plan ahead.” Season chicken in dish, cover and refrigerate over night. The process gives the chicken time to marinate and get the great tasting meal.
Ready for Cooking: Remove chicken from refrigerator and sprinkle a small amount of paprika to get that great color.
1. Preheat/light charcoal or gas grill at 350 degree if temperature gauge is available.
2. Sprinkle marinated chicken with a small amount of paprika for that extra color.
3. Place marinated chicken on grill. Turn from side to side until the chicken is golden brown and juicy.
4. Continue turning chicken until done.
5. Allow chicken to grill slowly for that juicy mouthwatering taste.
Cooking note: Yes, any combination of chicken parts will do but for the best result, the larger pieces are recommended. Put chicken on grill when the charcoals are fully lit. (when coals turns gray).
Best result: Season chicken, covers & refrigerates over night and allows chicken time to marinate.